Friday, September 28, 2012

Last Resort -1×1- Captain






I was really looking forward to this show and it mainly lived up to my expectations. I am a bit concerned over how many stories they seem to be juggling and I hope they trim some of the fat (especially the drug leader and, hate to say it, even Jessy Schram's character); and I do wonder about the longevity. I mean, I can't see five seasons of them hanging out at the island or anything to that nature. But, overall, the pilot kept my interest, I already enjoy a good amount of these characters, I'm intrigued over the conspiracy, and I just found it fun and interesting to watch.

It was great seeing some of my favorite actors like Dichen Lachman, Robert Patrick, and especially Autumn Reeser. But it was Andre Braugher who owned it. I thought he was absolutely riveting in all of his scenes. He even made me think for a second that Marcus would actually nuke D.C. And his final speech was epic as expected. Right now, he and Giancarlo Esposito (from the less then stellar Revolution) are currently my MVPs for new shows this fall.

Only ones that I'm not wild about are Scott Speedman's character and Shepard. They weren't horrible; just kind of bland, and Marcus just overpowered them. Hopefully, they'll get some better development soon.

So, I'm in it for the long haul. I loved The Shield, so the fact that Shawn Ryan is at the helm makes me optimistic. I'm just curious about it from a ratings stand-point. The Thursday 8 p.m. slot on ABC has had many casualties. Curious to see if this can find an audience, or will it just be another victim.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails