Friday, May 11, 2012

The Vampire Diaries -3×22- The Departed





So much to process about this episode. I think the writers made a very bold move in turning Elena at this time. Part of the dynamic of this show has hinged for so long on Elena's dopplegangerness / humanity, and now all that's been pushed aside. The ripple effect to every other character is huge. Hope the writers are up to the challenge!

I still haven't convinced myself whether Elena intentionally let herself die, or whether she was inadvertently overcome by drowning. I think her dying at that moment is what ultimately saves Damon, because it looked like Alaric was very close to overpowering him and staking him.

As for Elena's romantic choice, I'm a little disappointed but I think I get it ... until she really moves on from Stefan, Damon would never really get a fair chance as a viable romantic interest. Damon's made progress though ... before it was "always Stefan", now it's "right now, Stefan".

Loved the flashbacks to her parents and Aunt Jenna. Wish there were more of them.

Figured Alaric was a goner since Matt Davis has a new show next season. Still was sad as **** though when Jeremy realized that because he was seeing ghost!Alaric that meant his sister was dead.

Bonnie being a bit of a badass? Awesome. Though that will throw a serious kink in her friendship with Caroline when Care finds out that Bonnie basically conspired to kill her boyfriend.

Speaking of, that was the biggest shocker for me - the whole Tyler/Klaus switch-a-roo. I'm actually super confused. Did they actually switch bodies or has Klaus merely possessed Tyler's? Was there even anyone in Klaus' body when he was staked? If so, does that mean Tyler (who would have been within the body) is gone for good or is he just being supressed in his own body by Klaus? Basically, my question is surrounding what the heck they are going to do next season - is Joseph Morgan gone for good since it appears that Klaus' body burned? Is Michael Trevino going to be tasked with "playing" Klaus for the rest of the series? Or is there a way for the show to keep them both, meaning is there a way to "revive(?)" Klaus' body? ... Crap, I'm confusing myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails