Thursday, May 24, 2012

Revenge -1×22- Reckoning






Though many of the twists were telegraphed and/or predictable, they were done in a very entertaining way and I really enjoyed it. I'm totally looking forward to next season.

I'm curious as to why the WHM didn't out Emanda, i.e. Daniel's fiancee whom they were discussing, as Amanda Clarke to Conrad. This should be interesting. Also interesting, Conrad generally. I just cannot hate him even though he is a complete bastard.

Queen Vic is not dead. I refuse to consider it. And that empty engagement gift was magnificent in its bitchery.

Still hate the idea the Emanda actually loves Jack. It just doesn't fit the character and, as previously mentioned by more than just me after the last episode, I cannot believe that Jack would be fine with truth if Em actually told him everything. Thank God for Amily showing up. I actually like her and anything that prevents Jack + Emanda for evah is cool with me.

I can't say that I actually predicted her return, but just as Emanda was opening the door to the bar I thought about her and how she could complicate things. Didn't see the pregnancy coming at all. I will be pissed if the pregnancy isn't a) real and b) Jack's baby. Not just because I want him away from Em, but because nothing we know about Amily would justify such bullshit. She was totally in love, in her way, with Jack during the summer and I agree with those who said she had neither the time nor inclination to cheat on him while there.

She looks to be at about 6 or 7 months pregnant. If we assume it's no later than late February early March (it is still winter), that puts her getting pregnant in August-ish, which is right for the baby being Jack's since she showed up shortly after the 4th of July. She could have easily been a month pregnant on Labor Day and not known it.

I'm interested in the character of Daniel generally, though ambivalent regarding his current trajectory. But I could not care less about Ashley. So I could not be less interested in seeing where that goes.

Finally, poor Charlotte. Her life legitimately sucks. Yes she did an awful thing to a person who did not deserve it. But she is a kid and has shit fuck all for positive examples of human interaction. Also, the kid cannot catch a break in any of her relationships. Lord help her when she eventually (I'm assuming) learns Emanda, the architect of her family's destruction, is her actual sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails