Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Glee -3×22- Goodbye





I thought this episode was incredibly poorly constructed, written, and executed. I basically feel nothing. Graduation should have been easy.

The best part for me in the abstract was Finn joining the military (which I so called) and the break-up...except for the part where I know we will be subjected to Even. More. Finchel. next season. No thanks.

Personally, I'm much more upset that they cut Kurt's POV out of the episode than I am about the rejection. I like Rachel but it really bothered me how they structured that whole story and all of the writing decisions made along the way. I was WTFing over Santana (but run to NY, girl!) and how so many characters basically got the shaft in this episode, not just in the character choices that were made but in how the episode was constructed. I was hardly surprised to see the virtual ban on gay PDA continuing with the blocking of the Kurt/Blaine scene (and yet their scene was basically one of the few that did anything for me, as has been a consistent pattern...just another example I see of how they could shift things around to make the show better for my taste and I think they just miss so many opportunities). The dedication of In My Life to Finn made me want to throw things at my TV, and my bar is so low for Glee that I've gotten more selective about when I feel that.

I thought this show had shown a few glimmers of promise again this spring after what I personally saw as the low point of 3x10-3x14 (not forgetting the blight of IKAG before that, of course). But IMO it's in desperate need of a reboot, and I'm still just kind of amazed at what I saw as a spectacular failure for something that should have been manageable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails