Monday, April 30, 2012

Once Upon a Time (2011) -1×20- The Stranger




Well, now we have it, August is totally Pinocchio. I guess that currently leaves Dr. Whale as the only one who hasn't been revealed yet? Hilariously, at the beginning, I was totally trying to see if the CGI Whale looked anything like David Anders.

Glad to get a Geppeto/Pinocchio story. I felt for Geppeto, even though I was annoyed over how stubborn he was and how he kind of screwed a lot of stuff up. But I could see why the idea of losing his son again freaked him out and made him do what he did. It helps that I think the actor is really great in the role. Not a huge fan of Eion Bailey, but I liked the final scene with August and Marco.

Baby Emma was cute as hell and the scene where young Pinocchio left her was heartbreaking. Made up for how annoying Emma was tonight. I feel bad, because I know I would have problems believing fairy tales exist too, but it's just so frustrating how it feels like it's always one step forward, two steps back with her. That said, I have no mixed feeling over her actions in the ending: that was just impulsive and stupid as hell. I don't see how she figures she can get away with just taking Henry like that. I don't see this plan working at all.

Oh, David. At least you weren't big enough of an idiot to actually fall for Regina's "charms", but the fact you even consider her a friend, saddens me. Someone needs to clue him in fast. This wasn't Regina's episode at all, with that rejection and both Mary and Henry owning her. Your power is slipping, Evil Queen!

Mr. Gold didn't have much to do since this time around, but Robert Carlyle continues to make the most of his screen time.

The actor playing young Pinocchio was solid, even though he didn't look anything like Eion Bailey. I think the casting of young Snow White completely ruined any other young/old casting like that. Seriously, it's been almost a month, and I'm still amazed over that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails