Monday, March 12, 2012

Once Upon a Time (2011) -1×15- Red-Handed






I actually loved this episode, despite it being mainly a stand alone episode, at least in fairy tale land. But I loved getting the back-story of Red Riding Hood and Granny, and I totally didn't see the twist coming, even though when I think about it, the signs where there. The ending was pretty dark for this show; Red basically ate her boyfriend. That's a sucky way to go. Loved how Snow and Red met and their bond. And in modern world, I liked seeing Ruby gain confidence over herself and realize she can do more then just be a flirty waitress. Really liking the actress playing her; it helps she hot obviously (although I still prefer the Red look to the Ruby one), but I think she brings a real likability to the role. I hope she sticks around for a while.

Count me as someone who doesn't think that heart is Kathryn's; it's probably one of the ones Regina keeps around in her evil lair. Poor Mary though; being the one set-up. Regina really is an evil piece of work; hope Emma and crew prove her innocence and we can get to the battle soon.

No Gold/Rumpel made me sad, although the brief return of Dr. Whale was good. I remember reading an article with the writers where they said the problem was David Anders was busy with another show, but that he should be done with that and be available to do more episodes. I think he could be intriguing; is he just another puppet of Regina's (like Sidney), or could he be turned or end up with his own agenda? Not to mention which fairy-tale character is he? (the whale from Pinocchio? Something completely different?)

Looking forward to next week with the return of Rumpel and vengeful Snow White?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails