Sunday, March 11, 2012

New Girl -1×15- Injured





I really liked this episode. It wasn't the absolute funniest of the season, but it still had several moments where I laughed out loud, and I thought everyone rallying around Nick was sweet. I'm not always Nick's biggest fan - I think his cynicism and glass half empty attitude is sometimes hilarious, and sometimes annoying, but it worked for me here, probably because he was facing a health scare, and that's the kind of thing that can make anyone take stock of their life. Plus, in some respects I think Nick is kind of relatable, in the sense that he seemed to have a lot of promise at one time and then somewhere along the way he got kind of lost and has just sort of given up on life. And it's interesting to me because Winston is sort of lost in life right now, too, in that he doesn't really have a job or a career or know what he wants to do with himself post-basketball, yet Winston has a much more positive outlook on life than Nick does. I always wonder if Nick was as cynical as he is now, or if that's something that happened after he dropped out of law school.

As for this episode being aired out of order, I didn't really notice. Like the scene on the beach with Schmidt and Cece - I thought that Cece telling Schmidt about her dad was supposed to show that she's opening up to him a little bit. I could see how it could've happened prior to them hooking up, but it worked in this context for me.

I liked Winston being all torn up about his car. If you've had a car for awhile, it really does feel like a friend, someone who has been through a lot of things with you over the years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails