Thursday, January 19, 2012

The Vampire Diaries 3-12: "The Ties That Bind" 2012.01.19



 

WEEEE!!! Elijah is back! I screamed. No lie.

(No wonder Daniel Gillies was radio silent on Twitter. And Ian's tweet showing all of the "Men of TVD" chairs...makes total sense now. They are all a bunch of liars, LOL.)

Awesome surprise, TVD. Awesome.

I also adored the fact that Damon was the one to unstab Elijah...it was the smart move. I don't know why no one did it before this...b/c seriously, if anyone has a bone to pick with Klaus and is powerful enough to do it (and angry enough) its Elijah. Plus...now Klaus is back to being an Original's problem...like it should have been in the first place. Let the Originals deal with their own and leave the Mystic Falls residents out of it.

I liked Elena showing some backbone and not being the shrinking violet she has been before. All those lessons from Ric and Damon have paid off...nice bit of continuity there.


Loved all of the Tyler scenes. I'm glad Bill finally came around about Caroline wants to protect her by helping Tyler break his sire bond. But transforming over and over again? While I see his point, yikes poor Tyler. I guess if he wants to be with Caroline bad enough though he'll go through with it. I hope so because they're awesome together!

Kat Graham really impressed me in this episode. She hit all the right notes

Interesting how the witches backed off Klaus when he threatened to kill Bonnie. They didn't care when Klaus threatened to kill their descendents but they immediately back off when he threatens to end the Bennett line.

Abby Bennet is like this shows smartest person EVER. Yeah, ditching your kid is selfish but selfish/selflessness aint got nothing to do with brains. This chick saw an out from a doomed existence and ran with it. Jeremy brought it up a couple of episodes back but Abby fucking did it. You get on with your bad self girl (although you're headed back to Mystic Falls :/)

I still don't trust Meredith and I kinda love that. I'm hopefully she's still batshit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails