Sunday, January 22, 2012

Once Upon a Time 1-10: "7:15 A.M." 2012.01.22






Just when I think that I can't love this show any more than I already do, it proves me wrong. I loved seeing Red incorporated into the flashbacks; she looks so much more like Snow's age as Red Riding Hood, but for some reason I think of Ruby being younger than Mary Margaret. Anyway, Ginnifer and Josh smashed my heart into tiny little pieces, but it was well worth it just to see David and Mary Margaret reunited. I hope that he properly left Kathryn before kissing Mary Margaret, though; that would be very sleazy and un-charming of him if he promised to work on their marriage and then kissed another woman in broad daylight. I kind of expected Kathryn to catch them, but Regina seeing them probably works just as well.

Speaking of Regina, I liked her scene with Emma. It was good to see the two of them come together in defense of Henry instead of being at one another's throats. I'm also thrilled that, after that tormenting speech, we finally got to find out what's in the box (I like the idea above that he wrote the Once Upon a Time book). When Regina mentioned that the Stranger seemed familiar to her, I wondered... if we accept that the Evil Queen is the miller's daughter, could the Stranger possibly be the Queen's son? It would be a nice dose of irony for the Queen's son and Snow's daughter to fall in love, as the writers were hinting tonight.

I feel bad for Charming every time someone calls him "James". I wonder when we'll finally find out what his real name is (along with the Queen's, please!)? When he went searching for Snow, though (and how did he manage to break off the engagement?), I knew that she would have already taken the potion. I love how these backstories are only getting more complex, though.

I also loved that the scene with Snow walking with the dwarves tied in with what the Queen saw in her mirror last week. Don't you just hate it when you miss the first five seconds of a scene and then you're just lost after that? I still can't figure out what moving, reflective surface there was in the forest that the Queen was able to use to spy on Snow White, but I suppose I'll just have to let that go.

Also, I really want to know what Rumpelstiltskin wants Snow's hair for. I'd appreciate it as well if he'd stop with that creepy giggle, too. :/

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails