Monday, January 23, 2012

Desperate Housewives -8×12- What’s the Good of Being Good





I really liked the fight during the bake sale when Mrs McCluskey said that the wife of the guy Bree had just slept with didn't know who she was after she had just called her the town whore and Bree had said, yes she did, then said she needed a drink and then walked out the room. I absolutely loved that scene. Watched it several times. I think that was old school DH. I think Bree's storyline (The downfall/self-destruction of Bree) is what I am enjoying the most about this season.

Lynette was fun too. Self-aware, but true to her character. I hope there is actual growth after tonight.

Gaby's story needed more time to develop. I loved all the acting, but Claudia's turnaround was so quick. I wish that was handled differently. And I wish that Gaby and Claudia's understanding ended with a stronger sense that Claudia would not tell on Gaby and the girls.

Renee got a lot of time. And Vanessa Williams is a great presence and she deserves it. She could certainly hold her own as one of the ladies, if she was given better material on a routine basis. The series has never really figured out where her character is the most successful. But I just enjoy seeing her on the screen.

Susan wasn't in a lot. Actually enjoyed how she was called out twice for being stupid enough to give Claudia a check. And as stupid as she is, I still love Susan, mainly from what I remember from Seasons 1-3. If she had stronger writing, she'd be a dynamite character.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails