Monday, January 16, 2012

Grimm 1×08 — Game Ogre






I really liked it. The villain was really creepy and the creature face was even creepier. I was really impressed.

I like these types of shows where the obvious hero doesn't save the day for once and somebody else does. It shows that people are human and cannot always do their job. So it was nice to see Hank and Monroe more in action and saving the day with Nick's assistance with the rifle. No crime/supernatural show really does this. They always make the hero save the day, no matter how injured or incapacitated he or she may be. That's why I was afraid they would have Nick get out of bed to go help his partner. So glad that didn't happen.

Monroe continues to be amazing. I love his geeking out with the watch and with the trailer and I liked his little slip up with the coffee. But he definitely looked overwhelmed by the end. He just killed another creature and he has seen Nick's trailer of Grimm weapons and spells and potions.

I was yelling at Juliet to run out the door instead of toward the kitchen, afraid she would fall down and the villain would get her and Nick would have to save her. But I was pleasantly surprised when she grabbed the boiling water and burned his face. It's nice to see that he's not totally immune to pain. So she gets off my complete 'useless' list and goes to the 'she has potential' list.

Poor house. It's gonna take a while for Nick and Juliet to fix that house. Or, in TV time, an episode or two.

I really did like the episode. It showcased everyone equally and gave some more action to the secondary characters and Monroe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails