Monday, December 12, 2011

Once Upon a Time 1-7: "The Heart is a Lonely Hunter" 2011.12.11




Maybe the best episode since the pilot, definitely since Snow Falls. The show was ON tonight and showed just how good it can be when it's firing on all cylinders.

I'm sad to see Graham go, especially because he and Emma were actually (finally) generating some serious sparkage tonight (though the show hadn't adequately built up to them having ~SERIOUS FEELINGS for each other), but I do understand that there weren't a whole lot of other places to take his character once he had all his revelations. And that someone had to have revelations to propel Emma into action, instead of being perpetually reactive. Still, it's too bad, because JD impressed me with his acting; previously I didn't really think he had chops,, but he was good tonight. And I really felt for Emma at the end of the episode. Tangentially, I was also impressed with the punch the Queen threw--that was quite a serious punch!--and that Emma returned it in kind. This show doesn't have cat fights, it has knock-down, drag-out bar fights. Heh. Oh, and I LOVED Emma finally saying to Regina "it's not me, it's not everyone else, IT'S YOU!" It was way overdue.

I think I would watch an entire episode of Mary Margaret and Emma gabbing around their kitchen. The former's bumbling about the one night stand was especially endearing, somehow. And JMo keeps producing the best o.O faces. I do think Emma's spidey sense pinged--HARD--when Regina was all "you're filling his head with thoughts that are not good for him!" Graham's a grown-ass man, not a boy like Henry, so I'm glad Emma was made suspicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails