Sunday, November 6, 2011

Young Justice -1×16- Failsafe






I think the episode will lead to something which will come up soon: the fact that M'gann is such a powerful telepath than even J'onn, and that M'gann may not be the mole.

On the first point, it makes me wonder if M'gann is afraid that the [White] Martians will invade Earth someday and that was the training scenerio she subconsiously embedded. The ships reminded me of the ones used in the original "War of the Worlds" film and since they were merciless killing machines, she may think her friends and family on Earth won't have a chance against such an invasion. She'll also be psychologically scarred somewhat from the experience. I have no doubt that will resonate in upsoming episodes. On the second point, we saw how affected M'gann was to seeing her friends die in combat. I think someone who loves these people that much would not betray them by being the mole - at least not consciously. It's possible the Light could be tapping into her telepathic powers to do so, but I'm not completely convinced of that (since I theorize the mole to be an unwitting Connor/Superboy).

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails