Saturday, November 5, 2011

Grimm -1×2- Bears Will Be Bears





Enjoyed the episode again, so I'm pretty sure I'll stick with it now. I thought Nick/Grimm was a little more interesting this time around, although there is still room for growth, because I still prefer Hank/his partner by a mile. I just love the way the actor plays the character; he manages to avoid making him a typical partner cliche, who acts like an idiot to prop up the lead.

Still, Eddie the Blutbad continues to be the highlight of the show for me. Almost everything he said tonight cracked me up, and his fight and ripping that guy's arm off managed to make me yell "Holy shit!", and then laugh out loud with his "Whoops! Overdid it!" reaction to it. I hope we see more of him, because he's just awesome.

That said, I'm still not feeling the girlfriend. She's just so boring and I see no chemistry between her and Nick. I hope they are going somewhere with this character. And I hope they have more plans for Reggie Lee's cop, because I think he's capable of much more then just spouting exposition which seems to be his purpose for now. I'll be patient for now.

Case of the week was fun; like the twist of how the dad actually had nothing to do with it and helped the cops out at the end, while it was the mom was stuck in the old times. Also liked that the no one died; pretty nice change of pace. Locations are great too. I do get a bit tired of the typical NYC/LA settings in other shows.

RIP Aunt Marie. At least she did go out like a badass.

Curious to see how the ratings will be. NBC sure went out of it's way to promote it this week, but we'll see if can overcome the return of Fringe and the normal second episode drop shows usually get.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails