Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Glee -3×6- Mash Off





Santana's insults were absolutely brutal because they were brilliant (creatively speaking).

That said, DANG. Finn, I know Santana's gorgeous so there isn't much for you to pick apart physically (if he wanted to get even), but you've been through this before. (By the way, I think Finn is great looking. Not saying he isn't.)

But how can he make the same mistake twice? I love Finn but I hate to see him in this role. Naya Rivera was fantastic though. She absolutely savored every line before serving it on a silver platter. Ever since her breakout scene in "The Power of Madonna" where she told Finn "it's exhausting to look at you," Naya Rivera's golden delivery has been put to good use. I have to admire the perfect marriage of words, tone, rhythm and writing. Good job.

I'm so over everyone making fun of Finn's singing and dancing. I feel terrible for him actually. I felt horrible for both of them. They're kids! This is what kids do in real life. There are no villains. Santana slapping Finn was a definite OH CRAP moment. I didn't expect that at all. Will she get suspended?

Mercedes was amazing. I like her like this, authoritative but fair. As far as I'm concerned whenever Mercedes is leader or co-leader things get good. Back in S1 Sue's kids "Hate one Me" was a highlight and now the "Rumour Has It / Someone Like You" mash up kills. I would have Mercedes lead more. By the way, this episode proved once again that Naya Rivera and Amber Riley sound heavenly together. *sigh* I wouldn't mind a mandatory duet every other episode.

The dodgeball scene wasn't as fun as I imagined but the Troubletones looked cool in all black. I would be terrified of them if I were in ND. The end kind of ruined it because Kurt was right: they went too far.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails