Thursday, October 13, 2011

The Vampire Diaries -3×5- The Reckoning






My mind is still blown. This was an A+ episode all around, acting, writing and directing.

So Elena's blood is needed to create the Hybrids and not her death? Very cool twist. Though how Klaus was able to figure that out was kinda hard to believe. But then again, this is a show about vampires, werewolves, and witches (oh my!) so I guess I can get over that.

Stefan is now a complete ripper with no emotions? Woah. That last scene between him, Damon, and Elena was all sorts of creepy.

I'm a bit surprised how much I enjoyed Matt's story this episode. Really liked the scenes between he and Bonnie. I'm not sure if Matt's decision this episode to contact Vicki the way he did was courageous/badass or just plain stupid. He was taking some huge chances. A)What if Bonnie didn't get to him in time? B)What if she couldn't get him out of the pool herself? And C)What if her CPR skills weren't that great either and she couldn't revive him? But still, it was nice for him to get a chance to speak with his sister, though I still feel that there's something majorly fishy about Ghost!Vicki.

Katherine continues to be all kinds of badass. I love her so freaking much. I'm very curious about how this Michael storyline is going to play out because if he's bad enough for even Klaus to fear him, then he's got to be all kinds of badass. I do, however, think that waking him is going to come back and bite our lovable team in the ass (as Anna sort of forewarned). That last shot of him snapping his eyes open was all kinds of creeptastic.

Tyler as a hybrid? Interesting! I wonder how that is going to work out for him. My guess is not really that well, but I'd bet it is gonna be a fun story. Caroline looked a little alarmed which i totally understand. While Caroline may not know what it means to become a hybrid, she certainly knows what it means to become a vampire. And that's basically what's happened to Tyler. He was already a werewolf - he just now has the added complication of being a vampire as well. He's dead (undead?). He'll experience bloodlust and an urge to kill his entire life. He'll never grow old. Caroline knows what those things means. Tyler doesn't. Which makes his positive attitude and complete glee over what's happened alarming to Caroline.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails