Monday, October 10, 2011

Gossip Girl -5×3- Jewel of Denial






I don’t think a Gossip Girl episode has ever made me cry, but that final Chuck and Blair scene definitely had me in tears. Of course it took finding out he’s not the father to make Chuck feel something again. I hope Blair’s lying, of course. But even if she’s not, Chuck’s reaction to the pregnancy showed that they will always be connected. On a happier note, I loved Dan getting Chuck the dog, and I’m so glad Chuck decided to keep him – even if it was offscreen. Also, Monkey?! LOL, perfect callback to Sweetie.

My heart also broke for Nate a little this week. He’ll never stop being manipulated by the women in his life, will he? I was disappointed that he gave into her at the end and started looking through the phones, but at least he had a backbone for three seconds. And now his story will connect with Ivy’s.

Speaking of Ivy, I really love her. She knows how to hold her own and give as good as she gets, even if I quickly grow tired of her waffling on whether or not she’s going to stay.

Overall, I was bored by the first half of the episode and excited by the second. Definitely looking forward to seeing how Dan’s book affects everyone. And finding out that Blair was lying about the paternity (excuse my wishful thinking).

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails