Wednesday, October 12, 2011

90210 -4×5- Party Politics





I thought it was good that they didn't create a new character for Brandy, it was clearly Moesha the senator. I liked the nostalgia.

Liam and Jane must have had the most blase reaction to Jim's return from the dead that I think I've ever seen. It was like it barely phased either of them. No swirl of emotions, no anger, no nothing, just a lame fight over Jane followed by immediate acceptance that Jim was back.

Oh and I think the funniest storyline of the night was hearing that Annie's lawyer is gathering character references! Annie is a hooker who has killed a man! I mean, if anything is a nonstarter for Annie, it's going to be an argument based on her character.

And shut up Dixon's drug addiction, Navid and his sister (honestly, where does she sleep? at the foot of Silver and Navid's bed?) and anything related to Annie.

On the positive side, the Naomi storyline is really good. Maybe it is my low expectations for the show, but I was impressed that Naomi was honest with Max (even if she was a little late on that front), and was willing to assert herself on the issue to try to be good and not play to her baser instincts.

I also like Teddy's storyline, even if it seems that Uncle is probably using him and the entire thing is really contrived. Teddy should tell Shane to lighten up. They are both 18. Shane has his entire 20s/30s (which would be Teddy's 30s/40s) to be serious and committed to causes. There's no need to act as if Teddy is the one and this is the most important thing ever, just have a good time.

Also, I thought Silver's hair looked great.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails