Friday, September 23, 2011

The Vampire Diaries Season 3 Ep 2 : The Hybrid








Ha! "Hello Caroline."
".... Daddy?"

Jack Coleman! Damn, when he entered the room with Caroline and she said "Dad?" I literally gasped. Casting him as Caroline's gay vampire-hunting daddy? Best. Casting. Ever.

It seems that Klaus' experiment on turning a pack of werewolves into vampires is a resounding failure! As soon as he was muttering about what he'd done wrong and mentioned that yeah, the doppelganger is dead; why did it not work? Stefan looked like he was trying his darndest not to look surprised; not to look like he knows something, in order to protect Elena! I think Stefan is going to do his best to watch over Klaus and to distract him so he won't go back to town to look for Elena.

I thought the most interesting line was when Klaus said he did everything he was told. Who told him? I know that the witches must have told him the curse was bound by the doppleganger but who told him he could make hybrids?

Yay! Alaric is back in the Gilbert house. I loved that conversation between him and Elena in the car. He isn't a lost cause, just in need of some good bromance time.

LOVED the little mythology moment of Tyler having supernatural tastebuds. I can't imagine it'll ever serve him any sort of benefit in the future, at least until the kids hit their mid 20s and start getting into actual wine rather than wine coolers. And who knew the kid liked coffee so much?

I love me some Lockwoods, so I was happy that Carol came around so quickly and stayed the whole time when Tyler woke up. Granted Ty & his mom have always struck me as close (or at least with the healthiest parent/child relationship in MF) but now? Aww.

Not sure why Bonnie is AWOL but let's get her back into the mix please.

Finally, Elena and Alaric have got to stop having so much chemistry together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails