Friday, July 29, 2011

Thundercats Season 1 Ep 1&2 The Sword Of Omens





Very interesting. It's a bit of an overhaul, and I'm betting that it'll cause friction amongst the fandom. What's your poison: an elite group crash-landing on Third Earth (where did that name come from?), led by an all-powerful man-child . . . or a kingdom of humanoid cats (don't call 'em furries, don't call 'em furries, don't . . .) that have been on Third Earth for generations? Well, if I can roll with Transformers: Prime (CGI robots, five Autobots total) and G.I. Joe: Renegades (Cobra as a powerful concern, a bunch of "Joes" hunted by the government), I think I can deal with the new status quo.

So far, it's hitting most of the notes. Lion-O as a teen that's interested in the obscure stuff called "technology"? Check. Villain voiced by Clancy Brown? If I'm not wrong about that . . . check. Anime'd-up Snarf that's cute anddoesn't say anything beyond what an Earth cat would? Check. I do have to ask . . . was Tigra an asshole back in the day? I only remember bits and pieces, including the time he got strung out on drugs, but I was probably too busy thinking Snarf was annoying. And I'm betting Panthro is out there, so that's something to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails