Monday, December 3, 2012

Once Upon A Time -2×9- Queen of Hearts







Wow Gold was a dick this episode. I really wanted him to get more shit for talking Regina into helping him try to kill off Emma and Snow than he did. I realize that wasn't his real motivation, but his "win/win" speech was awful enough that I'm praying Belle somehow finds out about it.

God I love Lana Parilla. She's always great (which keeps me from really hating Regina, no matter what she does on this show), but she was fantastic this episode. Lana deserves an aware for the level of vulnerability she showed. I still don't know how I feel about her redemption though. Even though all of her behavior was above board tonight (I did really believe her when she said she was helping Gold out of concern for Henry and not to keep Emma away), the whole thing still feels way too rushed. Decades of deep evil, cleared up after a couple of weeks? A longer tradition from evil to grey to good would feel better.

I liked Mulan this episode. Figures she'd stop bugging me as soon as he arc was ending. I loved the moment between Aurora and Mulan at the end. If they had shown that much chemistry earlier, I may have cared more about them. And yes, it did seem like they were ready to kiss.

Speaking of things you don't expect to see on family TV, was anyone else surprised by Hook's level of innuendo while fighting Emma? I know he's a roguish pirate, but I wasn't expecting pervy commentary on OUaT. I liked it, but it was a bit of a shock.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails