Tuesday, November 27, 2012

The Walking Dead -3×7- When the Dead Come Knocking







With one episode left to go, the verdict is in for me: This half-season was fantastic. They fixed the biggest problem of the show in a major way, and that is pacing. The conflict between Rick's gang and the Woodberries has been set up pretty much perfectly, which even makes suffering through Andrea's scenes seem worthwhile. I don't think I've ever been as giddy about this show as I was during the last 5 minutes of this episode. Previously, the inter-human conflicts have seemed to distract from the zombie mayhem, but the Governor and his troupe have been set up so well as adversaries that I can't wait for this to go down. Loyalties are going to be put to the test on both sides. The outcome is completely unpredictable to me.

Episode was great, with one exception. I thought the concept of a hermit camping out in the red zone, seemingly oblivious to what's going on (asking for a badge?) was patently silly and the scene didn't seem to add anything other than some blood and guts.

I really liked the character moments at the prison (Carol reunion, Carl/Rick heart-to-heart) and I almost wish there was more of it. I'm terribly worried about the people left behind. That parting shot of them felt really foreboding to me. Those four (plus Axel) presumably going up against Merle and a bunch of mercenaries? Does not look good in the slightest. There's some people there I really, really don't want to die.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails