Monday, November 5, 2012

The Walking Dead -3×4- Killer Within






That was some genuinely fantastic television. I've never seen the show maintain that high a level of quality for a whole episode before. It's been a long time since I've been so completed gutted by a show. And that they managed that with the death of a character they've mishandled from the beginning, whose death so many were rooting for, just makes the execution of the last half of this episode that much more impressive to me. Lori saying goodbye to Carl started me crying, and I didn't stop for the rest of the episode. And that it all connects back to Rick leaving that kid to be eaten makes it that much more devastating.

I am annoyed that they killed of T-Dog, though. Like, you can have multiple black people on the show, guys. It's okay.

I liked Michonne's scene with the Governor, which did a lot to make her suspicions seem like an outgrowth of intelligence instead of just anti-social sullenness, as it mostly came across last week. And I'm cutting Andrea some slack, because the Governor has been damn charming in his scenes with her.

Merle might actually become an interesting character instead of just an interesting plot thread. He was really enjoyable this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails