Sunday, November 11, 2012

Once Upon a Time (2011) -2×7- Child of the Moon








While I would have liked more forward progression with the main story of the season, I understand why they had to do this episode now. Ruby's nature had to be addressed (and it's awesome that she now gets to wolf out in Storybrooke), and it had to take place within a month of of the premiere, show-timeline-wise. Meghan Ory is all types of awesome. The way she's able to play so many aspects of Red and have them coalesce into a coherent narrative is really impressive. The bonding between Ruby and Belle was nice (but poor, deluded Belle, thinking she actually knows something about fixing people -- no, girl, just no). Josh Dallas said in an interview that he really enjoyed playing a platonic relationship between a man and a woman, and as a viewer, I have to concur. It's really lovely to see how much these characters care about one another.

So, was Rumpel really doing something out of kindness (or guilt, which I could possibly buy, as he probably sees Henry as a bit of a proxy for Bae)? Or does he know more than he's letting on? Does getting Emma and Mary Margaret back benefit him in any way?

It's good to find out that King George really is the bastard they've made him out to be. David did the right thing by not shooting him, but I wouldn't have judged him too harshly had he gone through with it.

And Granny the welder -- is there anything that woman can't do (except for maybe make lasagna)?

ETA: those casting people need some awards. Annabeth Gish as Red's mom -- wow.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing! I agree about Meghan Ory being awesome too, and Red is one of my favorite characters in the entire show! I thought I completely missed this episode too, since I was stuck working late last Sunday, but thankfully I just found the time to catch up with it on DISH Online. The best part to me was seeing that Red wasn't the one who actually killed anyone! I have no idea what’s up with Mr. Gold either, but some of the gals I work with at DISH and I do definitely think it has something to do with Bae. I guess we’ll just have to wait and see though. I am hoping because of the two week wait for the next episode that we get some questions answered! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails