Sunday, October 14, 2012

The Walking Dead -3×1- Seed






Well, that was freaking awesome. I don't care to examine what it says about me but when I saw those riot-garbed zombies, I just about levitated with delight. That was unexpected and just wonderful in a disturbing way. As was Maggie's sheer glee when she figured out how to kill them. She just rocked that prison yard. I was impressed by how the team worked together, staying tight, darting out and grabbing necessary tools to rejoin the fight. Theodore with a riot shield was something to see.

The opening scene at the house worked really well without dialogue. Carl is turning into the dysfunctional little badass I thought he could be (no comic exposure here) so I'll forgive him the hat for now, and the crush on Beth. His hatred of Lori makes no sense unless he figured out/his parents told him/he overheard others talking about the history of Lori, Shane and Rick. He's clearly his father's son now so if he knows why Shane wanted to kill his Dad, it would be natural for him to punish Lori since Shane is already down. I felt bad for the poor, skinny owl but I guess meat's meat. I was awfully proud of Carl for going for the dog food too. Watching walkers chase cars will never get old for me. Andrea didn't look good, but I like that her new, scary friend is taking care of her.

I can't imagine much worse than running through what looks like a chicken run with zombies on both sides of the wire. The team was seriously impressive clearing the yard and their relief was nice to see. I even stopped disliking Lori for a moment there. She shot zombies and managed not to bitch about anything until bedtime. I wasn't sold on the idea of Darryl and humorless drip Carol, but she's all spiky and feisty now, so I can go with that. I like that she dialed back the Lady MacBeth crap too. I liked hearing her give Rick credit for getting them through. Watching Herschel step over that walker in the corridor, all I could think was "not dead, not dead" because the walker reminded me of the one in the tank back in season one. I still jumped when Herschel got bitten though and I really didn't expect to see Rick take his lower leg off. Cauterize that wound, Rick. Other humans in the prison? I didn't expect to see that either. Great to have the show back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails