Thursday, October 11, 2012

Nashville - Season 1 Episode 1 - Pilot






Love love love Connie Britton, who is just amazing. Hayden P was actually pretty good though of course not to Connie's level. Hayden actually sings much better than Taylor Swift, but I had to laugh at the comments about her crappy songs, because I make similar comments about Taylor's songs all the time. Powers Booth kicked ass, and I liked seeing Bunny Colvin from the Wire as Rayna's friend, the candidate for mayor. The other male actors were pretty forgettable for me, and hopefully will turn out to be more than pretty faces. There were a few too many love triangles and quadrangles for my taste, and it looks like the multiple entangled plots are already becoming very complicated (I'd like a few scenes where the actors can breathe and take their time) but overall it's a very strong start. The NY Times gave it a glowing review, hopefully the show will have a good following.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails