Friday, September 14, 2012

Glee 4-1: "The New Rachel" 2012.09.13

I thought this episode was mediocre but a step in the right direction for this show. They seemed to be veering back into the early season 1 territory, I just hope they don't recycle the same old storylines at McKinley with the newly added "Rachel & Kurt" show. Marley as a character worked for me. She has a great voice, seemed pretty likable without being overly angsty, and has an interesting back story with a morbidly obese mother. Also, the actress seems decent so far. I think she'll gel well with the glee club. As for Jake, I hope they don't make him Puck 2.0, and give him more depth and a different story. As long as he and Marley aren't a recycled version of Rachel/Puck 2.0 (who am I kidding, this is Glee) then the show won't be terrible. Unique didn't bother me as much as last season, which is a good sign I guess. However, I NEVER want to hear Call Me Maybe again after this summer. I didn't mind Kate Hudson. She wasn't awesome, but wasn't terrible. Just kind of the typical pain in the ass dance teacher. I actually liked that mashup and it's a perfect gym song. All of the Kurt/Rachel and Kurt/Burt stuff was great as usual. I look forward to seeing what those two do in New York. All in all though, I really missed Santana, Puck, and Mercedes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails