Monday, June 25, 2012

True Blood -5×3- Whatever I Am, You Made Me







Reasonably good episode. Loved the flashbacks. It was cool to see a more toned down/innocent Pam. And while I don't love that Pam slit her wrists and kind of "forced Eric's hands". I take comfort in the fact that 1.) he could have let her die or 2.)given her his blood to heal her (I mean, as far as I know, there isn't a reason why she wouldn't have been able to heal if Eric forced her to drink his blood. She wasn't dead yet). So I'll take that on some level he was willing to have Pam as his progeny.

I like Tara and am still on the fence of where she can go as a vampire down the line. But I appreciate her disdain about it, as it stays true to her vampire-hate. I am also glad that she went to Sam. I liked them together, I hope Luna is gone for good.

Lafayette turning brujo and pouring the bleach into the gumbo had me LMAO. I didn't like Arlene throwing her two cents in though. She should worry about Terry falling off the deep end during his road trip.

Speaking off, I'm thinking some spooky shit went down in Iraq. And that brings me to another point.

I want to see Lillith. Furthermore, I was doing some research when I heard the name, and Lillith is first mentioned in some Mesopotamian texts. So she may be up to 10,000 years old. Mesopotamia is modern-day Iraq, so I'm wondering if there won't be some crazy tie-in there. I doubt they'll work that all together, but that's something for those who don't think there'll be any relevance to consider.


I like the authority and regime so far -- I'm always fascinated by world-building. I'm interested in Salome and find it interesting that she is still very much the self of two millennia back (if we're judging Biblically) in that she gauges men by how they react to sexual situations. She's wielding power in a very Old World way, and while I'm repelled by it in a modern sense, I like her as a character.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails