Friday, May 4, 2012

The Vampire Diaries -3×21- Before Sunset






This episode didn't go down the way I thought it would, but it was great. I didn't see many of those twists coming.

I enjoyed the character pairings in the various scenes. Rebekah and Caroline seemed to have reached a mini peace treaty, and I loved that Caroline saved Rebekah, but BOO to Rebekah for standing there and watching Alaric drag Caroline off into the school. And then she didn't tell Tyler or Nick that Alaric had Caroline.

I was surprised that Rebekah decided to throw a hissy fit over Klaus' insisting to take Elena along when they left town. She should have figured he wasn't going to leave her behind.

I loved the Bonnie and Damon scenes this episode! Their interaction had the perfect pitch and blend of contempt, but grudging respect. Damon fed Bonnie his blood to save her. One point for Damon, considering she left him hanging on a hook not long ago. I like them much better when they are snarking and bickering rather than the outright "I hate you/I hate you too!" exchanges. And when Damon said he was on Team Bonnie, I laughed. Who thought they'd hear that line?

Although having said that, Bonnie is now clearly on the road to being Evil Bonnie. All those little dark swirly lines going into Bonnie and her orgasmic reaction, was the beginning of the dark magic taking root.

The scene with Klaus and Caroline was bittersweet. He does have that soft spot, and when he told Caroline they'd save Elena, he said it with such feeling, I thought he really intended to keep Elena safe. I guess that didn't last for long.

The real question is whether or not Klaus was telling the truth about the blood line. Will that lull them into thinking it's not a problem if they kill Kol? I can see Rebekah and Elijah living to continue on, but Kol could be a candidate for a takedown.

Tyler saving Elena was sweet. He finally got his moment, and he got to be in on the final Klaus tussle.

Damon and Stefan always look so good when they are together in the frame. I love those double leather jacket shots! All episode Elena was all about Stefan. Always picking Stefan. Although it seemed that it was Damon's phone that was ringing. I think she's going to go Damon in the finale.

Loved Loved Loved all the kids hanging out and taking shots, that was really needed and sorely missed.

And at the end with Jeremy? Steve McQueen, again with the inappropriate touching between a brother and sister. When he reached out and stroked the side of Elena's face, I yelped. Oh no! Too sexy for a brother to caress his sister that way!

What is Alaric planning now? Liz and Carol might be in for a rough time next week.

Finally, the ending: WHAT. THE. ACTUAL. F***?!?! (I literally screamed that at my TV.) Regrettably the promo spoiled the suspense, but still. What the crap happened to her?! Can the link between her and Evilaric go both ways? Really, it kind of seemed like the place where she cut her throat was bleeding again. I assume a vamp gave her blood since the cut was healed... And the blood from her nose and ears was consistent with a head injury, which she also sustained, so maybe the vamp blood is why she wasn't that hurt. But then why did her wounds suddenly open up again? **** you show!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails