Monday, May 7, 2012

The Secret Circle -1×21- Prom





I once again really enjoyed TSC. It is by no means a perfect show, but they rarely are. It has found its groove though. The ratings are up 20% so I'm hoping that means good things for renewal.

The whole teen babies/marriage thing didn't shock me, but I was glad they finally explained. I think some of the parents were older. Nick/Jake's parents definitely were, possibly Melissa's as well. Hell, Charles and Dawn might even be older. All we know for sure is that Amelia and Elizabeth were still in high school when all this went down, and it sounds like it was Amelia who forced Blackwell on the group. The flashbacks were pretty tragic to see it all fall apart, and lifetime friendships destroyed by Blackwell, but it paralleled the present quite nicely. Cassie and Diana were exactly like their mothers. History is always doomed to repeat itself, and that is what Blackwell has counted on all along. I think he probably did love Amelia, was amused by Dawn, and has some respect for Elizabeth, but NONE of that matters against his true goals. They're all expendable to him, and so are his daughters. I got really creeped out when Blackwell was just standing there waiting for an upset Diana. I could care less for Grant (and seriously am starting to believe he's not who he says he is) but thank God he was there. Diana did not need to see Blackwell then.

The Diana/Cassie dynamic continues to intrigue me. I like the chemistry between the actresses, and I like that they're clashing. Finally, both Cassie and Diana have distinct personalities and it makes sense to see them at odds. Looking forward to more between them, and I'm hoping they join forces and defeat Blackwell, and to an extent Charles (though I love him). They have to stand on their own. Also, eww to the dirty floor and bloody fingers. COME ON.

I knew they'd kill Nick off this episode, and since I never cared for him to begin with it didn't bother me. I think it was a nice wrap up for the Melissa character, and maybe now she can move on. I also think they did it to show that Jake really is a real human with feelings who cared about his brother, and felt guilt over his death. It shines a little light on why he was so willing to come back and kill the circle after Nick died. He probably blamed them (and himself).

Melissa/Adam dancing kind of worried me. I really, really like their friendship, but I don't want a romance. Adam has already been with both Diana/Cassie, is destined for Cassie and Melissa doesn't need the drama. LET THEM STAY FRIENDS ONLY.

Faye/Jake continue to rock my world. I was a little disappointed we didn't get more of them, but what we did get was great. I liked that we saw a softer side of Faye last night. She was genuinely excited for prom, and really excited to be there with Jake. The fact that she acknowledged that to him, told him she'd made the mistake of caring for him, and then said she was going to do it again was big forward progress for her. She's usually locked up like Fort Knox, but there's something about him she can't deny. I really liked that she was able to help him through his Nick issues (once again knew exactly what the problem was as she always does with him). Also, his apology about his treatment of her was a long time coming. Can't wait for more in the finale!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails