Thursday, May 17, 2012

Glee -3×20- Props






With the exception of the Puck/Bestie parts and the amusing parts of the body swap, I didn't really care for this episode. I thought Tina had every right to be upset just like I thought Mercedes and Kurt in the past have had reason to feel slighted. The odd thing to me however, is that Tina never really seemed to express an interest in competing for solos with Rachel, where as Mercedes, Kurt and even Santana have. Those three have been shown to want solos. Tina never really has. So even though I thought everything she said was right, I sounded odd coming from her now, cause because it seemed out of the blue. And then I thought it was so out of character for Mike to not back her up. Especially after she had his back with the dance school thing and his dad. Basically all I got from the episode was that it is really hard being Rachel Berry so yes, she does deserve to be treated specially. It was all very, very heavy handed. It did the opposite of what I think they were going for. I think we were supposed to feel for Rachel, but instead I was glad when Carmen called her out on acting entitled. I don't know. This Season has slowly killed my enjoyment of Rachel Berry and this might have been the nail in the coffin. I just don't like who they have made her become this season. It's been so gradual that I feel like i just looked up and thought, "Wow. I don't think I really like this girl anymore. When did that happen? I kind of want her to shut up and stop whining."

As for the Puck story.....man! Mark has just really stepped up his game and he was just on point the whole episode. I wasn't one that ever thought he was that bad acting wise in the first place, but he has come a long way from the freak out in Figgins office in Season 2 after he came back from juvie. so of course i'm sad, because now I see all the missed opportunities and lost potential. Mark and Dot worked so well together and having her as an ally earlier may have been a really great story. I was just glad someone, anyone said the very thing to him he needed to hear, "You are loved". She actually gave a crap about him and his future and went out on a limb and did something to help him. So this story saved the episode for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails