Monday, May 14, 2012

Desperate Housewives -8×22&23- Give Me the Blame







And now it is over.

What a wild ride it has been. And while this era of the show has been my least favorite, this show has always been really special to me. The finale was sort of boring, but I was expecting that. The trial being resolved was anticlimactic, but I saw that coming. I was really just tuning in to see if Marc Cherry's idea to end the show was what he had said it would be. And I bought what he sold. When watching them play the poker game, and the camera began to pan away, I had a feeling Mary Alice would say that they would never get together for a poker game (as an aside, when was the last time they had a poker game??). Katherine's cameo was pointless.

The finale was just so true to life, but I can't help but be a little heartbroken (?) that they move off the lane. I think I would've preferred an ending where they are living on the street together and continue their antics, but I think that we get a better sense of closure from getting a preview of their lives. I think it was genius to see when they move, where, and what happens to them. It left plenty of room for us to think about what happens in between the bigger details - I imagine we see Danielle and Andrew again, etc. But I feel like MY friends moved away (and indeed, plenty of them did after graduation this weekend - but it's these fictional ladies who got me worked up). I just hope that while they didn't get together to play poker again, that they still kept in contact. It's weird that I have this emotional attachment to fictional characters.

I LOVED the opening MAVO and how it tied in fully with someone coming in and moving on the lane in Susan's house. The fact she was hiding something was just absolutely perfect. Even though MAVO tells us that these ghosts want to remind people that even the most desperate life is worth living, we don't notice it. We're too busy hiding... whatever it is. The only difference being on Wisteria Lane, everyone's skeletons in their closets are actually skeletons.

While I am glad the show is over, I have this sense of loss that is accompanying me as I try to process it. Even at it's worst, I still loved this show. Thank you Marc Cherry for 8 wonderful years, and thank you ladies for all your hard work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails