Thursday, April 12, 2012

Ringer -1×21- It’s Called Improvising, Bitch!





 This episode just brought the full-on, no-holds-barred crazy, something it had only hinted at previously. It had my eyes rolling so far back into my head that I must have looked like I was having a religious experience. That is, if there had been anyone around to witness me indulging in the guilty pleasure of watching this show.

 Maybe Siobhan signed into the hospital as her alter ego, Cora? But if so, who was paying for it? Tool Belt, I suppose. Lucky that apart from having mostly invisible sons, he also seems to have an endless bank account. However, of all the ridiculous implausibilities, and there were too many to count, what was Oksana the Russian whore/maid doing with a mansion like that? I don't think it was the client's mansion, because how would Shiv have found her? I thought whores didn't make that much -- an earlier episode title taught me that very fact!

 As soon as Juliet got home and saw her mother holding her father and Shiv at gunpoint I was praying Juliet would leap in front and take a bullet for dear old dad. I must be a very bad person. But apart from wanting that to happen, I was expecting Juliet to die this episode: it would satisfy the hunger for cliché that this show instills in me, much as eating a Pringle makes me want to eat tubes and tubes of Pringles even though I know they are like intestinal glue. Poor little innocent Juliet! And then Catherine could have had a wonderful breakdown and repentance scene.

 The Olivia/Catherine lesbian scenes just made me wince. Catherine was getting it on with Mr Carpenter and was trying to seduce Andrew -- I suppose if you're crazy, on this show, you're up for absolutely anything. Let's make out! No, now I'm going to kill you! All in a day's work for crazy Catherine. Luckily Agent Handsome never confiscated ex-agent Guyliner's handcuffs along with his badge and gun.

 Please, show, please come back! I know I shouldn't, but I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails