Monday, April 2, 2012

Once.Upon.a.Time.S01E18. The Stable Boy





Yeah that went about how I expected to to go. I was kind of hoping Regina's lost love was a baby and not her true love made of boring pretty boy, just to shake up the story a little. The little girl was almost creepy in her copy of Snow's mannerisms. I loved seeing the evolution of Regina from essentially good to her Snow hating self except that it was so freaking petty. Her mother killed Daniel and Snow was a little girl who was painstakingly manipulated into talking. Put the blame on the right person Regina!

Gold = Magnificent Bastard. What would this show be without him? Now I am curious about one thing. At the beginning flash back "one week ago" was I not listening close enough to Gold's request for a deal? Because it sounded suspiciously like he never actually promised a result! I'll have to re watch I'm sure but it sounded an awful lot like a long plan to get Mary blamed for murder with no conclusion to the plan. Stuff which has already happened and he never promised to get Mary killed or sent from Storybrooke. So he didn't renege on the deal at all when he let Katherine go. Er...assuming that was the bit of magic he was talking about.

Thank goodness they addressed Emma's failing "super power" because she failed big time with Sydney. Glad that finally got resolved but I hope she's clever enough not to approach him about it and instead keep him on board. Better the evil Regina plan you know about than a new one, right? I'm not holding my breath for her to be smart, though.

"Henry, I left my code book at home." I kind of love Henry in small doses. Speaking of, is he ever going to notice that Gold walks around calling his mother "your majesty"? I'll be amused if that's how he figures out Rumpel's identity.

Regina's mother is the Miller's Daughter who made lots of "deals" to get where she is. Nice reference to the original story there, writers. I could use an episode now! I wonder where she got all that magic though. Kind of a given that Regina got it by killing Cora later on (like Rumpel said in Heart of Darkness, killing the evil being will make you as evil as she is).

As long as August and Emma remain platonic I'm cool with him. Mary Margaret obviously doesn't watch enough television. The first rule of being put on trial for murder? Listen to your FREAKING LAWYER! She's rapidly joining Hansel and Emma in the land of too stupid to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails