Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Gossip Girl -5×20- Salon of the Dead







I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised - the writers are going out of their way to show Dair as a functioning, compatible, realistic adult couple. Rufus and Lily could take a few lessons from those two on communication and compromise, lol. And the best part is - their shenanigans and banter are so much fun, they make realism interesting again. I can't express how much I loved that last sleepover scene - absolutely adorable and a great callback to them bickering in bed about film and literature in season 4.

Chuck's story moved me as well. He is definitely a hundred times more interesting when his storylines don't involve Blair, although I wish it wasn't a repeat of 'Who is Chuck's momma?' for the 482939 time. I still don't know if I believe Diana when she says she's Chuck's mom because she's definitely hiding something. I really hope she is though because I don't want Chuck to get suckerpunched again by finding out that yet another person was pretending to be his mother.

All the Rhodes women acted schizo. And that's all I have to say about that.

Overall, a solid ep with a couple of great one-liners - I died when GG said something about "New York's intellectuals are about to be dumbed down" referring to Serena, Lola, Nate and Chuck. And the writers were definitely trolling (wrt to the constant "Reassemble Chuck and Blair" twitter campaigns) when Dan told Rufus "So fix it, like the chair." and Rufus replied, "It's not that simple." So much lulz.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails