Thursday, February 2, 2012

The Vampire Diaries 3-13: "Bringing Out the Dead" 2012.02.02






Loved this episode. So much. Can't even express its awesomeness. I didn't feel that the Caroline/Bill storyline slowed things down at all--thought it added some great depth to the episode and gave some moments for reflection in an episode that otherwise left me breathless. I appreciated that they kept Bill true to character: they're his beliefs and he's willing to die for them, but he can't begrudge his daughter making the opposite choice. When he told Caroline she had become the woman he and Liz had always hoped she'd be SO HEARTBREAKING.

The Damon and Stefan interactions were perfect, the acknowledgement that they both love Elena and neither is willing to back down even though they know their love might destroy all of them, none of them can walk away. Stefan's pissiness at the dinner party, Damon's false jocularity and his deal with Elijah, I thought it was all played well.

I actually enjoyed the Petrova mythology moment, because it actually explains, in a way, why every vampire is seemingly obsessed with Petrovas. If Tatia's blood created the Originals, and all vampires are descended from the Originals, then the Petrova bloodline is literally a part of every vampire on the planet. So maybe it only makes sense that everyone goes gaga over Katherine and Elena. Given the whole blood knot mythology we got from Bonnie and Abby, I wouldn't be surprised to see that become even more important.


Katherine was constantly on my mind the whole entire episode. Don't ask me why, but as soon as Sheriff Forbes came by and Elena said the stake was from the lakehouse and Elena's prints were on them, I thought Katherine. She's the only vampire not in town that isn't the most likely to suspect. I dunno, Meredith was wiped off my list of suspects as soon as Alaric thought it was her. Maybe it's a vamp that we haven't met yet. Oh well, from that point on, I kept thinking about Katherine. I miss that vamp bitch.

I got a little afraid when Elena decided to kill Ric. I thought for sure that he wouldn't wake up but then I remembered that he's mentioned in future episode synopsis but I still held my breath.

I wasn't surprised it was the Original Witch in the lockbox. I'd kinda hoped for the Original Petrova, but this is okay. Loved the family stabbing session, but I enjoyed Mama's forgiveness, too. Once again, Damon's plan fails in the most amusing way possible.

Just a great episode to come back on, and sets up a lot of fascinating storylines for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails