Monday, February 13, 2012

Once Upon a Time 1-12: "Skin Deep" 2012.02.12




I didn't hate last weeks episode, but I didn't find it compelling either. This, however, had me inching much more closely to the edge of my seat. I was so excited that Belle was alive. The Queen needs somehow needs her for the battle with Rumple, otherwise she wouldn't be alive. I realize she's kept under lock and key to keep her knowledge a secret from Mr. Gold, but she does have the large arrows saying "psych patient" pointing towards her. Does she actually have mental issues in this life (and possibly in FTL if the Queen wasn't completely lying about her treatment upon her release) or does she somehow know the truth?

Robert Carlyle and Lana Parilla just sizzle together. With Regina knowing the truth, it seems like some fireworks are really about to start up in Storybrooke, and I'm sure Emma will be caught in the middle. Speaking of Emma, I really do love her scenes with Mr. Gold. It would have somehow escape Poor Dead Pretty Graham's notice that Mr. Gold should have been arrested for beating a man with a cane. It's like he forgot for a second that he wasn't dealing with one of the Storybrooke natives and was a bit bemused that he was actually going to jail. And Emma was actually pretty good at her job this week, so bonus. OK, she shouldn't have left the prisoner with another person, but she and Henry had such cute expressions on their faces that I got over it pretty quickly.

I didn't see Cogsworth, but Lumiere was there, and of curse Chip and his mom. But it was horrible to see Rumple break up the family like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails