Thursday, February 9, 2012

New Girl -1×12- The Landlord





I thought this episode was great! And the part I enjoyed the most was the flashback to little Jess: the creepy guy in the white van pulls up and asks "Do you like candy, little girl?" and dorky little Jess responds "I sure do!" then the van opens and the guy's Nana is there with a big bag of candy for Jess! LOL!

I think the reason I loved that bit so much is because it speaks to why Jess is the way she is, and there's a fundamental truth behind it. She's the type of person who has just led such a charmed life, everything always ends up turning out OK for her. I've known people like this. They go around thinking life is a big bowl of cherries and don't understand why other people have such negativity. Nick had his little flashback to being mugged as a child and she assumes "You must have been doing something." Because for her, the universe gives back only what one deserves. She has no concept of life working otherwise for others.

I also loved the vignette of moments when Schmidt mistook someone's innocent remarks for pick-up lines, especially the UPS guy! "He said package. He said package for Schmidt." I love Schmidt vignettes! I don't think I could ever get tired of them.

OK, I saw what was coming a mile away as soon as Schimdt raced into the conference room and stripped down to his underwear, but it was still hysterical.

I have to say I'm enjoying this show so much more than any of the other new sitcoms I've sampled this year. Winston remains the weak link though: once again he served no real purpose in this episode.

I also don't understand why there are only supposed to be three tenants in that apartment - aren't there four bedrooms? None of them are sharing a bedroom. Why would a four bedroom apartment be restricted to three tenants? Unless one of the bedrooms isn't technically supposed to be a bedroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails