Monday, November 21, 2011

The Walking Dead -2×6- Secrets





I cannot believe these people are still looking for Sophia. If even her mother believes it's a lost cause, it's time to pick up shop and go home.

Awww, Maggie. I liked her pep talk to Glenn, but he is not leader material. If he can't hold onto something as inconsequential as Lori's pregnancy, there's no way he should be leading people.

I get Andrea's logic: she almost died and Shane kind of gets her and he lets her unleash her inner badass and he's tall and broad and pretty good looking, but still...he might not bathe regularly, but I'd hold out forever for the one who also has big muscles and inner badassery but also a brain and a moral compass. I don't get these ladies. Shane over Daryl? Really?

I wish Lori would listen to Dale because joy is relative. Her fears made me think of "Room," a book that's horrifying in premise but lovely and tender and uplifting in execution. It's not the circumstances that make life worthwhile, but the people that make those moments worth living. Even in the midst of a zombie apocalypse, her child would have two loving parents and a caring sibling and other adults to nurture, protect, and love the baby. That's so much more than so many children have amid civilization. And why Carl is still normal, upbeat kids. Yes, his life is filled with superficial fear, but he has the things he really needs in the people around him.

I do wish we saw more of those moments though. Right now, everyone is living on a farm without fear of attack. Why are they not enjoying themselves more?

Still, I liked how they handled her situation. I loved that Glenn didn't judge her choice, but reminded her that Rick should be in on the situation as well. I like how she owned her actions and mistakes, took responsibility for all the ways she screwed up, but also defended her choices. She's never been so mature before. I can tolerate her if she stays like this.

ETA:

Props to Shane: it's the end of the world and the man has still managed to get laid on a regular basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails