Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Gossip Girl 5-8: "All the Pretty Sources" 2011.11.21





Best episode of the season! Loved the Chuck/Dans first and foremost. It seems like Chuck really cares about Dan and I love how both fraternal and paternal Chuck is towards him. I think Chuck would do just about anything for his friends. It's hilarious to me just how similar Chuck/Dan's friendship is to Blair/Dan's, except Chuck seems like the better friend to Dan, IMO. By a mile. The best part about Chuck this season is that, though he has matured and is bettering himself, he has still retained his Chuck Bassian qualities that make him...Chuck Bass. He is a gentle badass now. Love it.

I still don't buy that Dan is in love with Blair. That's really all I have to say on that subject.

Charlie/Ivy is getting more interesting. She is far more cunning than I gave her credit for, but I'm still not entirely invested in her storyline or in her as a character.

Nate seems to have a bit more substance this season which I am glad to see. He's a big boy now.

Blairena scenes were great. I loved seeing a hint of the realBlair come out when she got all diva-ish about her shower. And how awesome for Serena to throw her a Tiffany's themed party. Serena's speech to Blair made me tear up. I also loved Serena telling Blair the truth about Chuck.

The scene at the end, although too short, was beautiful. So much love and understanding in both Chuck and Blair's eyes. I'm so glad Blair seems to be coming to her senses and down off that fairytale cloud.

Louis is evil, yet still boring. Trying to alienate her from her friends, etc. So happy to see Blair standing up to him and love that she went directly to Chuck. I think this episode is another turning point for Chuck and Blair, because from the way the episode ended, it appears they might actually talk about their issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails