Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Gossip Girl 5-9: "Rhodes to Perdition" 2011.11.28






I found Nate & Ivy to be the best parts of this episode, which is so surprising, because they are not the characters I tune in for when I watch Gossip Girl.

I'm not sure I buy the "Woodward & Bernstein" makeover of Nate, but I do believe deep down Nate is a good guy and has integrity (I think he's come a long way since he was the boyfriend who cheated with Serena). I'm still not sure what to make of Grandpa Vanderbilt - his secret is going to come out at some point - but it was nice that he ultimately approved of how Nate handled the situation. I can't believe how much better the Spectator storyline has gotten now that Diana is gone - even if it's so unlikely that Nate would be able to run the show. I hope he makes up with Dan soon because it's crazy that Serena is employed as a writer and he's not.

Ivy and CeCe scenes were an absolute delight. I truly believe she cares about the Rhodes family and loved how protective she was of CeCe's condition. I hope she's the one that ultimately finds the *real* Charlie - Carol needs to be taken down. She claims her family would never forgive her for what happened to the real Charlie... this is a pretty colorful family when it comes to past sins, so I hope the reveal lives up to the hype.

Max just seems like a real tool - if he's such a good person, find the real Charlie. Don't try to blackmail a girl who watched her father die at 8. Even if she is involved in some serious deception, she does seem to really care about these people, so he should be pushing her to find Charlie, or asking what happened to Charlie. What is he owed really? She never asked him to quit his job in Portland.

Blair's storyline just makes me sad ... I don't mind her having second thoughts about Louis (this storyline couldn't be done soon enough for my liking) but for her (and Chuck) to rewrite history about what went wrong with the two of them ... ugh! Chuck has his good moments, but ultimately he's a selfish, manipulative person who never truly valued what he had with Blair. Blair has made her share of mistakes, but honestly, leaving Chuck after all he did wasn't one of them.

Dan's storyline was cute this episode, but I wish he wouldn't be so isolated from the rest of the cast. Can he *please* make up with Nate already?? And reviving his friendship with Blair wouldn't be a bad move either...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails