Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Glee -3×4- Pot O’ Gold





I liked the episode, but it was a weird way to come back from a hiatus. The pacing felt kind of weird, as well, but I think that's just because they have to juggle so many plots simultaneously. I'll still take it over the way they handled the large cast next season.

There was so much hemming and hawing (and downright meanness) over Damian McGinty joining the show, but I thought he held his own just fine. There wasn't much acting involved, but I thought he did fine letting Cory and Naya play off him.

Really enjoyed the Santana stuff. The Brittany aspect is so squicky still though. Maybe Finn's reality check will even out the writing going forward? (Right, who am I kidding)

Speaking of squick, Puck and Shelby. Jesus Christ. And then Quinn on top of it...I mean I guess at least it's something? But it's not something I'm really interested in watching. Probably the only plot this week I didn't enjoy.

It was nice to have Rachel, Kurt and Blaine pop in and out of the episode without taking the A-Plot. That said, I'd take the Rachel and Blaine show over the Puck/Shelby/Quinn hour any Tuesday.

No further thoughts. Excited for next week.

ETA: Forgot about Burt, who was wonderful as usual. "Your Glee club saved my kid's life." So true. It really is interesting to imagine Kurt now without having had Glee. I'm glad to see the show using the supporting cast more effectively. Also glad to see that Carole isn't dead in the basement! (Even if she got like one line)

The music this week was weak. I enjoyed the performance of Candyman, but I don't think I would like to listen to it often.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails