Thursday, October 20, 2011

The Vampire Diaries -3×6- Smells Like Teen Spirit








Elena 'The Vampire Slayer.' Loved the shout out to Buffy/network mate SMG. I also loved Elena sticking it to Stefan. He deserved it.

Surprisingly I actually liked Elena this episode. More so than usual at least. Yes, it's sad and pathetic that she's so committed to bringing her humanity-Stefan back, but it is normal for her. For her not to act that way would be OOC. Fake!?Drunk!Elena was all kinds of amusing to me. I'm sort of wondering if the catch is going to be that Stefan has been faking this ripper stuff all this time to ensure Klaus' trust or something. There were definitely a couple of moments or looks when it seemed as if Stefan was the old Stefan.

Damon was his normal amusing self. From his whining of the rug to his "get a new boyfriend" comment to Caroline, he had me giggling several times tonight. I'm sure I'm a bit in the minority but I actually thought I saw a spark between he and Rebekah.

Jeremy and Anna's final scene tonight just reafirmed what I already believed - they have way more chemistry than he and Bonnie. For some reason, Bonnie and Matt's scenes the last couple of episodes have had me scratching my head in that "are they chemistry-testing?" sort of way.

Matt's story with Vikki totally broke my heart. Normally Matt is just there for me, but I've really enjoyed his journey that past couple of episodes. I thought it was completely realistic and heartbreaking for him to want his sister back so badly that he ignored any and all of the potential consequences until it was too late. Watching him, in essence, turn his back on Vikki was very sad though it was totally necessary.

Oh Tyler, Tyler, Tyler... I new it was going to happen, but it still hurt to watch him feed on that woman in the end. You know he desperately wanted to fight it, but even Caroline (who has to be one of the biggest control freak vampires in existance) had her weak moments, so I was expecting this. Hopefully he seeks out Caroline's guidance here and learns to control the urges better because the Tyler from season 2 will not handle killing an innocent human being well on his own. Naughty Rebekah! Don't turn my precious Tyler into a bad, evil guy! Fight it, Tyler! Fight it! Liked the explanation regarding his new behavior. Glad it wasn't explained to just be Tyler reverting back into a d-bag.

Overall, great episode. Can't wait for next week and more Uncle Mason! Hee!

ETA: Forgot to mention - Katherine isn't dead dead, right? Right?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails