Sunday, October 30, 2011

Once Upon a Time (2011) -1×2- The Thing You Love Most



Great Second episode. The Queen's backstory was defiantly the highlight. When rumple told her that she had to kill the one she loved most, I knew it would be the old man, but I had no idea it was her father. I’m glad that they gave her a moment of conflict and even cried because she knew that in order to follow through on her happy ending, she had to kill him. I think it was bittersweet that she named her son after her father. Without him the curse would have never came through, so I like that this is how she says thank you for everything to her dad. The actress nailed the scene with her father so perfectly, and because of that I don’t think I’ll ever look at the evil queen the same. From the queen’s view, it really paints her as the good guy and Snow as the bad guy and I love the possibilities.

Emma kind of annoyed me with her still refusing to believe Henry and taking the file for Dr. Jimmy Cricket really was naive, but it looks like she's back on cage, so it's all good. And I loved her cutting the tree and getting in Evil Queen's face.

Still loving Rumpy/Mr. Gold the most. He's only in a few scenes, but I really love it whenever he shows up. Robert Carlyle is doing wonders with this role. I love how he isn't good or evil; he's clearly someone who is out for himself, and will side with anyone to get it. It makes him very dangerous and interesting to watch.

Looking forward to seeing more of Charming and Snow White in fairy land, and seeing Snow White join Emma/Henry in regular world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails