Monday, October 24, 2011

Gossip Girl -5×5- The Fasting and the Furious






The royal family stuff really bored me to tears, as Louis, his mom, and his sister are pretty much caricatures with bad accents. I did like how it led to that beautiful scene between Blair and Eleanor. And am glad Blair ran far, far away from that awful contract. Was also glad that Louis looks like he is breaking away from his boring perfect self. That whole last part with him really left me with my mouth gaping open. I continue to not understand why Louis is putting up with Blair and all of her shit, is he really that in love with her?

Also found the movie rights stuff boring, though was really surprised at the poignant stuff between Dan and Serena. I couldn't believe that Serena put it out there that Dan was the love of her life. She was so vulnerable with him. All this build up with Dan being so into Blair and I just wasn't expecting this, and almost seems flip from last year where Dan was always thinking about Serena and she was off thinking of other things. I thought Dan's call to her was really nice- he may not feel that way now but he didn't shoot her down and certainly left open the possibility of them getting back together. And while Serena was a jerk to Blair, I can forgive it because she is human, and it came out of her jealousy over Blair's portrayal in Dan's book. She owned up to it right away, got over her nastiness and just admitted to Blair what was bothering her.

And finally, the Nate/Ivy/Diana stuff bored me until Diana burned that picture from Bart's file. I never suspected her story to coincide with Chuck's at all. I can't believe stuff with Bart is still going to be an issue moving ahead (totally unrelated, but how much did I love Rufus's Lily Bass comment?). That was a picture of a young Diana, right? I wish my TV had zoom because I couldn't really tell.

Was happy Chuck finally realized he needed therapy, but then sad to think the psychologist might simply be a Louis plant.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails