Monday, September 12, 2011

True Blood -4×12- And When I Die







Holy hell - Tara just got Jossed. That's some shit. I knew something ominous was gonna happen to her when she and Sookie were talking about being old and sitting on the porch together and the camera lingered just a beat too long on her face, but damn. Wasn't expecting that at all. I know some of my co-workers will be rejoicing over this development, but I'm hella bummed. She brought out great stuff in numerous characters (Lafayette, Sam) and she even made scenes with Sookie tolerable. Now she's gone. *sigh* And no Tam ever. *sob* Damn you, Alan Ball.

Jesus getting killed also broke my heart. I loved him and Lafayette together, but I can't help but think if he didn't drag Lafayette into this whole Wicca thing to begin with, a lot of this shit (esp. Laf discovering his mediumness and the Marnie possession) never would've happened. Damn.

Yay for Debbie being killed and Sookie finally doing something to stand up for Tara! Too bad it happened a bit too late.

And double yay for Russell-Muthafuckin'-Edgington getting loose! Denis O'Hare was the only thing that made last season tolerable so I'm glad he's coming back.

The rest of this episode was a bore. Seriously, the last five minutes was all I really needed to see. Damn, Lafayette's gonna lose it when he finds out Tara's gone. I get why the writers went there - her death is gonna affect Laf, Sookie, Holly, Sam, Arlene, Jason...okay, pretty much everybody on the show without really changing the dynamic of the series too much. Let's be real here - Tara hasn't had a decent storyline since...well, forever. And with all these newbie characters coming in, the cast is too bloated and some people had to go. I just wish it had been Alcide or Arlene or Andy. Seriously. These people's storylines drag down every episode they're featured in. I could do without seeing them for a season or two.

But Muthafuckin' Russell Edgington, y'all! Can't wait to see that. Hopefully, next season will be better than this boring mess of a season.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails