Friday, May 13, 2011

The Vampire Diaries Season 2 Ep 22 : As I Lay Dying





This finale was AMAZING. The S1 finale left me feeling totally gutted (mostly due to Anna's death--more on her later!--plus Caroline's car crash, and they were my favourites) but this finale left me feeling so excited for S3! Everything that happened was fantastic:

- Stefan becoming a ripper thanks to Klaus--YES, he is finally interesting! I can't wait to see what happens next. I've been waiting for this all season...that scene of him surrounded by blood bags was haunting. And did his eyes look yellow at the end there? Did Klaus feed Stefan some of his own blood too? (Total speculation...except, Katherine and Damon also ingested Klaus' blood so that probably wouldn't mean anything anyways.)

- Can't wait to see what Klaus does to Katherine when he inevitably catches her again. (I was confused though--did he know she was on vervain this whole time or did he only figure out after she busted out of there?)

- Speaking of Katherine, I enjoyed the flashbacks as I always do. Although they left me confused again--so did she or did she not "love" both brothers (as she told Elena at the end)? Was she just lying again when she told Damon it was all about Stefan? (I would prefer that she had some "feelings" for both brothers, although obviously she loves herself above all.)

- Liz finally coming around and accepting Caroline! Yay! I was so scared she was going to stab Caro in the back (literally) during the hug but awww, she actually came around. I liked the little interchange of dynamics between Liz and the Mayor too.

- Damon/Elena: I don't mind what happens with them either way but I got bored of Stefan/Elena a long time ago and the back-and-forth between Damon/Elena (along with all that emo Damon) was getting very annoying. I got sick of the writers dragging out the triangle with nothing happening, too. So this is a plus in my book.

- Finally, the absolute BEST part: I found the reviving Jeremy part was so lame--I mean, I obviously want him alive, but it was obvious Bonnie was going to do her usual voodoo stuff and bring him back, which...another deus ex machina, ugh. BUT THEN...he starts to SEE DEAD PEOPLE. I nearly screamed when Anna came back! Love her. I was pretty ambivalent about Vicki but when she came back I almost started hyperventilating because I was wondering if that meant Anna would be there too...AND THEN SHE WAS. Like ripper-Stefan, haunted-by-dead-girlfriends-Jeremy is infinitely more interesting and has way more potential than his previous boring self.

Only bad thing was Elijah. Damnit, I saw that coming when Klaus was being all cryptic and dismissive of him, but...nooooo, Elijah! :'( Thankfully he can still be revived (the writers better revive him in S3!). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails