Monday, May 9, 2011

Gossip Girl Season 4 Ep 21 : Shattered Bass





Well, at least that wasn't boring!

I've been sort of expecting Russell Thorpe to be the one that set the building on fire, so that didn't really come as a surprise. I am kind of annoyed by Jack does good turn of his character, because if anyone could punish Chuck, it's Jack.

Things that displeased me:

I liked the way that Louis was going when he said, "How could you protect someone who hurts you?" re: Chuck causing Blair's injury, but then immediately telling her she has a dark side? It didn't make sense at all. Clearly, Blair's got issues with Chuck, but calling it a dark side and then giving her an ultimatum? Ugh, shades of Chuck.

Roman Holiday - *Wails* That was a spec for DAN, writers do you hear me? At least Chuck turned out to be a deranged Gregory Peck.

Blair forgiving Chuck for the 1,015th time - She needs to stop protecting him. She's not his mother. Ugh.

Things that pleased me:
Charlie - "Call me Serena." That was a way better moment than I could have hoped. That totally killed Dan boner, and he was totally down for it--I loved Penn's horndog face as Charlie took her dress. Though poor guy, there hasn't been a single romance that's worked out for him this season.

Serena being incredibly annoying about her dress - Even though she came off as bitchy, it was pretty in character for Serena to be very upset about something that is obviously false.

Wallace Shawn - That man does no wrong ever. Did you noticed he called Blair his "princess bride-to-be?" I loved that he pointed out that no matter what Eleanor does, he still loves her. That's something Blair really needs to know--that there are men who will love you for who you are, no matter what.

I guess the writers are really going for that Dark Knight angle since this is pretty much the plot of the Dark Knight with the Blair kidnapping and all. Ugh, is Louis going to get a half face? Will Chuck embrace a new love of couture rubber chest suit? It was kind of a rollicking episode, but as always, without Dan and Blair, I wasn't as amused.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails