Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Glee Season 2 Ep 21 : Funeral





A mighty fine performance by Jane Lynch. There's the Sue I missed, the one that can be snarky, but also human enough not to be a caricature. I do wonder, though, if Will and ND won't be in her sights, how she's going to be relevant to the show? Her running for the House doesn't tie her to McKinley.

The only audition performance I liked was Santana's. I thought Mercedes strangled that song, she was super shouty and screechy. Rachel was Rachel, great vocals, what more can be said? Kurt, meh, not so keen on him singing soprano for a whole song.

I noticed that Puck wasn't singing during the funeral tribute, but just stood there. I wonder why?

Will was very good tonight, especially with Sue. His reading in her place at the funeral was very moving. The Wonka theme was also very touching. I feel horrible for wondering this, but did the actress who played Jean die? It seemed like the show was paying a tribute to her, not just her character.

Finn, Finn, Finn. I can see why he decided to break up with Quinn. He hasn't been into the relationship for quite some time now. But to do it right after a funeral? Carpe diem and all, but sheesh, have a little sensitivity.

I wish Nationals wasn't original songs. It was ok for a one-off "Glee" gimmick, but I wanted to be wowed with mash-ups, solos and fun group numbers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails