Thursday, April 14, 2011

The Vampire Diaries Season 2 Ep 18 : The Last Dance




I was 90% sure they weren't gonna kill her but I will admit I still screamed: "OH MY GOD! THEY KILLED BONNIE! YOU BASTARDS!!"

And promptly felt like a dumbass 3 minutes later.

For me, the best parts of this episode were the Bonnie/Damon scenes and the Bonnie/Elena scenes. I only wish Caroline could have been a part of it. She's one of the powerpuff girls, too!

I really like the fact that they're bringing back the awesome Damon I've been missing for most of this season while still allowing him to evolve. This really came off in the Damon/Bonnie scenes. I think he does care about Bonnie (maybe he's even fond of her), but it's completely true (and in character) that he'd throw her under a school bus if it meant saving Elena. Maybe that will change if they become closer, but thank god they're not going the Spike route with his character. I mean they're not turning him into a care bear with fangs who randomly has some snarky lines just because he's "in love."

Matt Davis finally got to show his talent. He is great as Klaus. I do hope Klaus will leave Alaric's body without killing him. Damon's "we need to kill the REAL Klaus" line made me happy. I don't think he was very much into trying to kill "Klaus" now but would rather have the man show up in person so they can kill him. His plan was meant to save BOTH Alaric and Bonnie tonight and he did outsmart Klaus and seeing him back in form was great. The casting sides for Klaus described him as someone who can "out-Damon Damon", in this round, Damon wins. Klaus getting a bit offended when Damon told Alaric he was not impressed with Klaus so far was priceless. Both Klaus and Damon had some great lines this episode, can't wait for those two meet one another in person

And Bonnie! Bonnie Bonnie Bonnie! My love for this character keeps on growing. Along with Damon, this is the character that's evolved the most this episode. She's still not all Vampires!Yay! but her trust of the Salvatore brothers (especially Damon) was evident and seemed true and not rushed at all. I really hope this means we'll be getting more Damon/Bonnie scenes in the future. Their relationship really fascinates me and I'd love to see it grow. I know Bamon will never happen, but I can see them growing to genuinely respect and care for each other while still doing what is necessary to keep everyone alive.

1 comment:

  1. i loved your review but why not bamon? i think anything can happen in a tv show! bamon happen in the books! i hope in the tv show too

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails